About Us

My photo
Vancouver, Washington, United States
www.AcuNatural.com

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Household Cleaning... which products to use.

It can be difficult finding a cleaning product that works well and doesn't affect your health adversely. I personally use microfiber cloths with water to clean the surfaces in my home. You can purchase different cloths that are designed to clean varied textures. I even have one that works great on a barbecue grill as well as the grout in the shower using only tap water. I purchased my cloths from a company called ENJO (www.ameri-eco.com). There's a financial investment involved if you choose to go this route. However, the cloths last a lifetime if treated correctly and I live guilt free in regard to putting chemicals back in to our water supply.

Before purchasing my fiber cloths, I used a product called PH 12.6 made from 100% electrolysis alkaline ion water. I found it worked perfectly on windows and did wonders with acidic based stains. Such as wine, food, and dirt. I especially loved how easily it would bring up carpet or upholstery stains. However, it wouldn't touch the cleaning in my bathtub or shower since most soaps are alkaline based. This is actually what led me to ENJO.

Paul brought an all purpose household cleaner in to the office recently that tests well for him and his wife, Cheryl. The product is Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps (18-in-1 Hemp Almond Pure-Castile Soap made with organic oils). They both like the results they get using this cleaner. I have a sample in my office. If you'd like to be tested on it. Ask Ila at the front desk, and we'll be sure to have it in your room for your appointment.

Other products that have tested well for people are made by ECOVER or Seventh Generation. Many people use these for their dishwashing, laundry and household cleaning products. I know I say this often but you do need to be tested prior to using any of these products. Also, be sure they are unscented. There are very few scents that work well with everyone.

I have also found that white distilled vinegar, baking soda and a little kosher salt can go a long way at cleaning most surfaces.

The key is finding the product that works best for you. I have found it's quite the journey and I will probably be growing and learning in this area of my life for years to come. If any of you have suggestions or specific questions, please e-mail them to me.

Take care ~ Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment